Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Me

so I guess since we are doing the duo blog I should introduce myself. I am the BFF/roommate L. I have been single since November so I have a bit more experience in the "new" dating field than T. I have since been swooped up, swept off my feet (well knocked on my ass is more like it), tripped and fallen for someone.
I hadn't been single for almost 7 years before November and things have sure changed since then. Well again back then I was 21, skinny(er) and only had one kid. My experience had always been meeting people while out and about or friends of friends. My experience was also never a good one it seems. Well when I was 21 I decided to try online dating as a joke and ended up meeting my future husband. Again my experience wasn't a good one...
There I was single, 27, with two kids, and trying to get divorced. So not sure what to do to meet people I fell back to my old dating habits and went out. I have found that meeting people when you are drunk in a bar is not for the best! 1. I have beer goggles. Like the worst beer goggles imaginable 2. When my friends tell me I am suffering from beer goggles I don't listen because of said beer. 3. Most people who go to bars to meet people only want 1 thing and 1 thing only. 4. I am a total dork when I am drunk, I am not hot, not sexy, not even cute no matter what I think. This tends to lead to embarassment when I am sober and look back on my drunken dorkiness.
So this list could go on and on. I of course didn't think of these things when I was out trying to meet new and interesting people though...
I did meet a few guys and none of them panned out. The first boy and I hit it off while the beer was flowing and the music was blaring but we could not have a normal sober conversation. It was seriously the most awkward thing. I think we talked on the phone twice. Next....
There was a boy that I vaguely remember meeting, don't remember giving him my number but I must have since he text me. We really hit it off. We talked and talked. We seemed to have things in common but then he would just disappear?? We made plans for a "date" and I basically got stood up. This boy ended up texting me weeks later and apologized, by then I had moved on and said sorry Charlie, too late.
Now during all this I also used Myspace. I enjoyed looking at profiles and friend requesting people (cute boys mainly). Yes I was a Myspace whore, so sue me. I gave my number to two people. The first boy just text me a ton of pictures of his penis. Now I have never had anything like this happen. I even asked my 20 year old sister if this was normal, had I been out of the loop too long? She said no it's not normal but he was already deleted anyway. CREEPY!!! I mean who thinks it's okay to send pictures of their penis to someone they don't know????? I am so grateful that I never ever made plans to try to meet this guy. Damn this dating shit is a tad on the scary side.....
I also had friends of friends trying to hit me up. One of them sent me a penis picture after chatting for a bit, so no go there....What is up with all these penises? They aren't pretty guys and I don't want to see them on my phone! Especially if I haven't ever nor want to ever see them in real life!! The other just wasn't my type. I mean I don't want to sound stuck up or snotty but I do have an age limit here and if you have kids my age or even teenage kids then it's just not going to work. Then there was the guy who kissed me and turns out he had a girlfriend which he lied about. Oh then there was the guy who just couldn't kiss AT ALL. I am a kissy kind of girl and if you can't hold your own there well then see ya.....
Now the other boy from Myspace........
---more to come later

No comments:

Post a Comment